The health and safety of our staff and the customers that visit Broadfields Garage is of utmost importance to us. With the recent and developing Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we have been closely monitoring updates from the World Health Organization (WHO), UK Government guidelines and Public Health England guidelines.
We are very much aware of the growing concerns around the Coronavirus and the important role that both our staff and customers have in keeping our workspace safe. We are regularly adapting our normal working operations, for us to continue providing services to NHS colleagues, key workers and our customers.
How are we ensuring that our garage is a safe place for you during the COVID-19 outbreak?
According to the most recent COVID-19 information and advice Broadfields Garage are adhering to the following measures to protect all those working at and visiting our garage:
- Working on an APPOINTMENT ONLY basis
- Ensuring that there are only two working members on staff on-site at a time
- Requesting all payments to be made over the telephone
- Providing guidance and diagnostics over the telephone and online whenever possible
- Asking any potential visitors to kindly check whether they are experiencing any symptoms of the virus at the point of booking
- Restricting access to the workshop
- Providing all visitors with alcohol-based hand sanitiser upon both entry and exit
- Increasing the frequency and thoroughness of cleaning around the building, especially high traffic areas
- Sanitising vehicles before and after work is carried out
- Reminding all visitors to our garage of the importance of personal hygiene and best practices, such as regular handwashing
- When delivering cars back home to their owners, we are calling ahead of arrival and placing the car key in a safe place or through the letterbox.
What can you do to help us?
Working together can help us reduce and eliminate the spread of the Coronavirus within our workforce and garage. All customers and visitors are encouraged to:
- Kindly not visit us here at the garage if you are experiencing symptoms such as a persistent dry cough, shortness of breath, high temperature and/or fever
- Please only visit the garage if you have arranged an appointment
- Please try to avoid bringing visitors or family members to your appointment, unless necessary. If you need someone with you, please limit this to one person only.
- Keep your hands as clean as possible, wash them regularly and thoroughly for at least 20-30 seconds with soap and warm water. Use hand sanitiser when soap and water are not available.
NHS and Key Workers
We are very grateful to those who are helping our nation fight the virus outbreak and realise the importance of looking after NHS staff and essential workers by keeping you safely on the roads in return. This includes emergency service workers and carers.
We will prioritise any repairs or servicing to ensure you get the support you need during this challenging time.
We ask anyone who is concerned they have encountered the Coronavirus to follow the Government advice and self-isolate immediately. The latest Government advice is available here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public